This is an adventure game, inside the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 world, where you solve puzzles, explore landmarks, and complete challenges. It is similar to geo-caching, a scavenger hunt, treasure hunt, clue hunt or whatever you want to call it. You fly from place to place looking for clues, until you reach your final destination and complete the challenge.
This adventure will start at Key West International Airport (KEYW) and travel through the Florida Keys. It includes 10 stops with a flight time of about 90 minutes depending on your aircraft and simulator speed. Additional time will include landing and takeoff, taxing and parking, as well as the time it takes for you to find the clues. You can stop at any point, remembering where you are, and picking up the trip at another time.
The downloaded file includes a readme file and a folder you simply place into the Community Folder.
- Your first clue is inside the Welcome Center building at the first stop.
- Sometimes, but not always, the color red will help you find the clue.
- Stops may be airports, points of interest, aeronautical waypoints, landmarks, road intersections, and more.
- Clues may be located on signs, vehicles, buildings, and other objects.
- If you stop at an airport, you will follow normal landing and takeoff procedures. If the stop is not an airport, you should fly to the closest point and pause the simulation.
- Use the drone or showcase camera to move around an area to find the clue.
- All stops should have POI markers. Turning these on will make the hunt easier.
- Some clues are small and will not appear until you get close to them.
- To go from stop to stop you can: Fly the aircraft as you normally would at normal speed (Recommended), Use the Slew mode, Increase the simulator rate to get there faster
More clue hunts available at www.flynfind.com