Fort Worth Alliance Airport (IATA: AFW, ICAO: KAFW, FAA LID: AFW) is a public airport 14 miles north of the central business district of Fort Worth, Texas, United States. The airport is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by Alliance Air Services, a subsidiary of Hillwood Development, and is, in size, the second-largest airport facility in North Texas, behind only Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The airport is mainly focused on cargo operations and serves as a southern regional hub for FedEx Express and a focus city for Amazon Air. It provides no major commercial passenger airline service, though it does provide general aviation services. It formerly served as a maintenance hub for Fort Worth-based American Airlines. Billed as the world's first purely industrial airport, it was developed in a joint venture between the City of Fort Worth, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Hillwood Development Company, a real estate development company owned by Ross Perot Jr. The official groundbreaking ceremonies were held in July 1988, and the airport officially opened on December 14, 1989.
**KAFW is also the home base for FSEconomy group ReleaseTh3Krackens and has been the #1 airport in flights for several years running! Congratulations and keep up the great work guys!**
- Over 40 custom ground markings/textures
- 30+ Handcrafted Buildings for a total of more than 100 handcrafted, unique scenery objects.
- Accurate Taxisigns, Wigwags, Hold short light bars
- Runway extension of 16 and additional taxiway Alpha to ends of 16L-R
- Taxiway Papa, P1, and P2 entrances into Amazon Air Hub (missing from stock)
- Amazon Prime Air Hub
- Texas Motor Speedway with center airstrip from Red Bull air races.
- Fed Ex headquarters and shipping hub
- Hillwood Airways
- TCC Aviation School / Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence
- Robinson Aerospace
- Fort Worth Fire Station #35
- GDC Technics
- KAFW Weather, FBO, and Hangars
- Paramount Aerospace Systems
- ATAC - Airborne Tactical Advantage Company
- Dickies Warehouse
- Custom Beacon
- KAFW Tower with modeled insides and custom red white and blue lighting
- Honor Guard Memorial - Freedom Plaza
- ... and much more!
Future Updates will include many updated features to existing models as well as surrounding warehouses and area buildings.
I will add the Gulfstream building and ramp as soon as I have sufficient references to model it correctly! Please check out the road map for this project to see dates and plans for future updates.