About the Presets
These presets extend the existing options in the weather list. Believe it or not, I have been tinkering with these presets for a couple of months, and upgraded them to cloud tech v1.4 for better control of cloud density and fluffier clouds :0)
How to Install the Presets
You install in the same way as other addons:
- Download the file and unzip it
- Put the 'Floyds Epic Clouds v1.1' folder into your community folder
- Restart the sim
- The presets can be found in the Weather presets list
How to Uninstall the Presets
You uninstall in the same way as other addons:
- Move the 'Floyds Epic Clouds v1.1' folder out your community folder
- Restart the sim
- The presets will no longer be in the Weather presets list.
How to Get the Best Out of the Presets
Floyd’s Epic Clouds can be fully appreciated by getting high enough to see to the horizon. When you get that far you can see that the clouds have big shadows and large open areas. The cloud coverage is about 30% which allows for flying in clear air if you choose. At ground level the light and shade contrast often increases the colour range for sunlit areas. Some of the clouds have drizzling mist and rain beneath them if you would like a temporary change of environment. Nice!
While getting to know them, go to 15000+ feet and adjust the time of day to sunrise, noon or sunset. The preset variations have a different effect over plains and mountains at different times of the day so you will find your own favourites for each landscape. When you have discovered what they can do you will be able to appreciate the extra nuances that an Epic Cloud can have in a less dramatic setting.
If you don’t like one setting, try another – however, they are all variations on a theme and are not supposed to be wildly different from one another.
- Presets are installed & uninstalled when the sim is restarted
- For increased FPS check this Channel LFD web page